written by Val Verity
S.B.P.O.A picnic 2017 was a great success!!
Firstly, we can’t thank Dorothy Keizer enough for all the years she tirelessly convened this annual picnic and made it look so effortless along with her late husband, Ron Keizer by her side!! They are both greatly missed in South Beach!
Lisa Raymond, our new President, and myself, Val Verity, new Treasurer, would like to thank all the volunteers who came forward to lend a helping hand as well as those who attended to help make this picnic a great success…….it certainly helped that the weather co-operated!!!
Ralph Caligiuri was happy with the bocce ball tournament. Although, he would be much happier if there was greater participation. Let’s help Ralph with that next year!
Ralph and Peter were the excellent chefs at the BBQ’s. Josie Lucidi and Eveline Milliken helped set up the food tables. We had 2 young enthusiastic volunteers selling tickets at the gate, Lorraine Walton and Paulette Sullivan were selling tickets at the silent auction table and Bryan Verity was collecting membership fees at the gate. All went very smoothly!
Thank you to John Borelli for donating the A&W burgers and buns. Also, thank you to everyone who brought tasty salads and the cakes which were donated by Lorraine Walton and Chrissie Mendela. It certainly takes a good team to create such a fun event.
We would like to give a huge thank you to Guy at Superior Asphalt for donating and installing the asphalt under the structure in the park which made the site so much cleaner for the BBQ’s and tables of food. Also, thank you to Ross Moore for donating the grand door prize of $1,000.00 for a comprehensive eye exam and eye wear. For the silent auction items….. Cliff King for donating Remax balloon rides for 2 people, Charlie and Joanne Burns for donating a new bicycle, Ken and Kathleen Coe for the golf gift certificates at the Teulon Golf Course, Lorraine Walton for a large wok pan, Thomas Achenbach and Angie Auer for the sports equipment, Vactionville Store in Gimli for children’s clothing, and Paulette Sullivan for the gardening items. Thank you, Ev Ward de Roo, for putting up the signs to advertise the annual picnic and sending out the emails to everyone.
Also, thank you to those who stepped up to help with the races…….many young children and the big kids too had a great time!
We had a fabulous turnout this year!!
Let’s do a repeat next year!!!!
September 2nd, 2017
SOUTH BEACH PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION
1) CALL TO ORDER
2) ADOPT MINUTES OF July 8TH, 2017
3) TREASURES REPORT – Val Varity
4) REPORT BY GIMLI COUNCILOR – MR. DANNY LUPRYPA
5) South Beach Property Owners Association executive- See list (currently)
South Beach Property Owners Association 2017-18 Executive:
- Lisa RaymondPresident
- Val VerityTreasurer
- Christine Mendela Secretary
- Eveline Milliken Director
- Kevin Stewart Director
- Ralph Caliguiri Director
- Allison Stephen Director
- Ross Moore Past President
1) Lake Winnipeg Foundation
2) Tracy Martin– Yacht club and South Beach ➔ postponed until next year.
3) South Beach Member List. $10.00 provides one vote per household on motions. Receive 3 additional tickets (10.00) for door prizes at picnic.
4) South Beach Website- Evelyn Ward de Roo. Website: http://southbeachgimli.org
5) Ralph Caliguiri – Bocce ball tournament September 3, 2017 @ 10:00 A.M.
6) Picnic – Allison Stephen & Val Verity ➔ September 3, 2017 @ 4:30 P.M
7) South Beach Property Owners Association Picnic ➔ Grand prize of $1,000.00 towards eyewear/eye exam – donated by Dr. Ross Moore.
8) Additional door prizes: 2 hot air balloon rides, donated by Realtor Cliff King and a bicycle was donated by Joanne and Charlie Burns.
9) Update South Beach Property Owners Association; contact information emails, etc.
10) Special Presentation:
1) A letter of thanks to Dorothy Keizer for many years of selfless commitment to South Beach Association.
2) Letter of thanks to Guy Combat from Superior asphalt for supplying a new asphalt patio in our shelter that will be enjoyed for many years to come.
3) New South Beach sign to be installed at the bridge at the north end of 3rd street.
– Designed and manufactured by: Thomas Achenbach.